The right word



Outside the door,

lurking in the shadows,

is a terrorist.



Is that the wrong description?


Outside that door,

taking shelter in the shadows,

is a freedom fighter.




I haven't got this right .


Outside, waiting in the shadows,

is a hostile militant.



Are words no more

than waving, wavering flags?



Outside your door,

watchful in the shadows,

is a guerrilla warrior.



God help me.


Outside, defying every shadow,

stands a martyr.

I saw his face.


No words can help me now.


Just outside the door,

lost in shadows,

is a child who looks like mine.



One word for you.


Outside my door,

his hand too steady,

his eyes too hard,

is a boy who looks like your son, too.


I open the door.

Come in, I say.

Come in and eat with us.


The child steps in

and carefully, at my door,

takes off his shoes.


Poem by Imtiaz Dharker

Comments

  1. I dont know..?! should I comment in english too ..? may be I did not get it exactly ,but let me try to put what I get it from this poem in a small sentence (( words sometimes could be a very dirty game.))...greetings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

أسعد بتعليقاتكم

Popular posts from this blog

قواعد اللعبة

أنشودة الكسل - بقلم نوران سلام

في فعل الكتابة